Code No. : 00
|CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for June 2015
CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for December 2014
UGC National Eligibility Test November Syllabus for General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude 2017
The main objective is to assess the teaching and research capabilities of the candidates. Therefore, the UGC NET Test is aimed at assessing the teaching and general / research aptitude as well as their awareness.
They are expected to possess and exhibit cognitive abilities. Cognitive abilities include comprehension, analysis, evaluation, understanding the structure of arguments and deductive and inductive reasoning.
The candidates are also expected to have a general awareness and knowledge of sources of information. They should be aware of interaction between people, environment and nature resources and their impact on quality of life.
The details are given in the following sections :
- Each section gets equal weightage : five questions and 10 marks from each section.
- Whenever pictorial questions are set for the sighted candidates a passage followed by equal number of questions should be set for the visually handicapped candidates.
I. UGC NET Teaching Aptitude :
- Teaching : Nature, Objectives, Characteristics and Basic Requirements.
- Learner’s Characteristics.
- Factors affecting Teaching.
- Methods of Teaching.
- Teaching aids.
- Evaluation Systems.
II. UGC NET Research Aptitude :
- Research : Meaning, Characteristics and Types;
- Steps of Research.
- Methods of Research.
- Research Ethics.
- Paper, Articles, Workshop, Seminar, Conference and Symposium.
- Thesis Writing : Its characteristics and format.
III. Reading Comprehension :
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
IV. UGC NET Communication :
- Communication : Nature, Characteristics, Types, Barriers and Effective Classroom Communication.
V. Reasoning ( including Mathematical ) :
- Number Series; Letter Series; Codes.
- Relationships; Classification.
VI. Logical Reasoning :
- Understanding the Structure of Argument.
- Evaluating and distinguishing Deductive and Inductive Reasoning.
- Verbal Analogies; Word Analogy – Applied Analogy.
- Verbal Classification.
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams; Simple Diagrammatic Relationship, Muliti – Diagrammatic Relationship.
- Venn Diagram; Analytical Reasoning.
VII. Data Interpretation :
- Sources, Acquisition and Interpretation of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data.
VIII. Information and Communication Technology ( ICT ) :
- ICT : Meaning, Advantages, Disadvantages and Uses.
- General Abbreviation and Terminology.
- Basics of Internet and E – mailing.
IX. People and Environment :
- People and Environment Interaction.
- Sources of Pollution.
- Pollutants and their impact on Human Life, Exploitation of Natural and Energy Resources.
- Natural hazards and mitigation.
X. Higher Education System : Governance, Polity and Administration :
- Structure of the Institutions for Higher Learning and Research in India; Formal and Distance Education; Professional / Technical and General Education; Value Education; Governance, Polity and Administration; Concept, Institutions and their Interactions.