Code No. : 60
|CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for June 2015
CBSE UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers for December 2014
UGC NET November 2017 Buddhist Jaina Gandhian and Peace Studies Syllabus
UGC NET Paper II and Paper III ( Part A & B )
Unit – I
- Life of Gautama Buddha.
- Buddhist Councils and Theravada (Hinayana) as well as Mahayana Schools.
- Introduction of Buddhism to Tibet, China and Japan.
- Pali Tripitaka Literature.
- Lives and works of Buddhaghosa, Dignanga and Dharmakirti.
Unit – II
- Sila, Samadhi and Prajna.
- Four Arya Satyas.
- Arya Astangika Marga.
Unit – III
- Buddhist Architecture – Bodh Gaya ( Mahabodhi ) Temple, Ajanta Cave – temple, Sanchi Stupa.
- Buddhist Sculpture – Origin and Development of Buddha – image.
- Status of Women in Buddhism.
- Impact of Buddhism on Society.
- Buddhism and Ecology.
Unit – IV
- Life of Lord Rsabhadeva, Parsvanatha and Mahavira.
- Jaina Councils and Schools – Digambara and Svetambara.
- Prakrit Agama Literature.
- Lives and works of Acarya Kundakunda, Umasvati and Haribhadrasuri.
- Main Centres of Jaina Learning – Shravanabelgola, Jesalmera, Ahmedabad and Varanasi.
Unit – V
- Five Vratas – Anuvratas and Mahavratas – Ahimsa, Satya, Asteya, Brahmacarya and Aparigraha.
- Six Substances and Seven Fundamentals.
- Triratna – Samyag Darsana, Jnana and Caritra.
- Anekantavada and Syadvada.
- Five kinds of knowledge – Mati, Sruti, Avadhi, Manahparyaya and Kevalajnana.
Unit – VI
- Jaina Architecture – Ellora Cave, Khajuraho Temples and Mount Abu Temples.
- Jaina Iconography – Images from Mathura and Shravanabelgola.
- Status of Women in Jainism.
- Impact of Jainism on Society – Vegetarianism ( Shakahar ), Four kinds of Charity ( Dana ).
- Jainism and Ecology.
Unit – VII
- Indian and Western sources of Influence on Gandhi.
- Early childhood and life in England.
- Gandhiji’s experiment of Satyagraha in South Africa.
- Satyagraha Campaigns and Indian Freedom Movement.
Unit – VIII
- Foundations of Gandhian Thought – God, Truth and Non – Violence.
- Individual, State, Swaraj, Rights and Duties.
- Philosophy of Sarvodaya.
- Ends and Means.
- Religion and Politics.
Unit – IX
- Society and Varnasrama Dharma.
- Ashram Vows.
- Civilization and Education.
- Constructive Programme, Sustainable Development and Swadeshi.
Unit – X
- Concept of Peace.
- Causes and Forms of Violence.
- Conflict – Resolution and Satyagraha.
- Peace Movements in India and Abroad.
- Non – Violent and Ecology.